COVID Policies & Procedures
Check-In and Pick-Up
Lunch & Snack Time
Staff Health & Wellness
- Early Childhood Families will be greeted at the side yard entrance where a staff member will greet the child(ren). Elementary families will drop off and be greeted on the Dupont St side of the Broadway Station building.
- Parents and other family members will not be allowed inside the schools.
- Upon arrival at the school, a trained staff member will take the temperature of the child(ren) and ask parents the following questions:
- Do you live with anyone or have you had close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Do you or anyone in your household have a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath?
- Do you or your child(ren) have any other signs of communicable illness such as a cold or flu?
- Children and staff will be required to wash their hands immediately upon entering the building and hourly throughout the day. When children are received for drop-off, they will be escorted into the nearest sink where their hands will be washed prior to being brought to their classroom/child care area.
- Upon your arrival to pick up your child, a staff member will bring your child out to you. Doing so will limit direct contact and help us to maintain social distancing.
- We will separate children into smaller groups that fall within state or local guidelines. 1:9 teacher student ratio.
- We will not share equipment and will clean equipment between uses.
- All classrooms will remain separated to reduce the number of children in one area and to reduce the possibility of viral transmission.
- Staff will disinfect high-touch surfaces, such as door handles, light switches, faucets, toys and games that children play with at least once daily.
- We will perform an enhanced deep cleaning every night in all areas, on all touched surfaces.
- Staff will have access to anti-bacterial hand sanitizers and disposable gloves and use them as needed.
- Staff will wash/scrub their hands and children’s hands a minimum of hourly (noted by the CDC as the most effective preventive measure).
- No program tours will be given until further notice to reduce the number of visitors in the building.
Lunch & Snack Time
- All surfaces will be disinfected before lunch and snack time using CDC- or EPA approved products.
- All staff will wash hands before and after helping students with lunch needs - i.e, opening containers, heating food up, etc.
- Each child’s meal will come from their own lunch box. Please advise and encourage your child not to share food with their friends.
- Staff will receive education on COVID-19 symptoms as well as preventive measures.
- Children who start to experience symptoms of respiratory illness, including a fever of >100.4 while at child care, will be isolated from other children until they can be picked up.
- Until further notice, all program field trips will be suspended.
Staff Health & Wellness
- Staff will receive additional training on infection control and workplace disinfection.
- Staff will not share their phone, devices or meal or utensils with one another or children.
- Staff will check their temperature at the beginning of each shift and notify their supervisor if >100.4 as well as self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and notify their supervisor if any develop (fever or respiratory symptoms).
- Staff will wash their hands immediately upon entering the program and immediately prior to leaving.
- Staff will not be allowed to work if they are feeling ill or experiencing respiratory symptoms.
- As long as we are open and your child is in attendance, tuition will be due in full. This includes if we are only open for a portion of a week and need to close for the remainder of the week.
- If you choose to pull your child out and not pay, there is no guaranteed spot upon a request to return.
- At this time, if the state forces a closure for an extended period of time, [PART/ALL] tuition will still be due to retain a spot/credit for your child for reopening. No refunds will be given.
- If the current situation changes and it becomes necessary to update our procedures or close our program temporarily, we will notify key family contacts by email.
- Check you email! We will email families first regarding any late breaking program updates. Or you may follow our social media page https://www.facebook.com/GabrielsArtKids for updates.